Rental Agreement – Top of The Mill
$150 Down Payment Fee Due within 10 Days of Rental Agreement Receipt.
Full Reservation Fee AND Refundable Damage Deposit Due 30 Days Prior to Arrival.
Accepting Payments of Cash, Check, PayPal, or Venmo (See Instructions Below)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Reservations & Payments
- A $150 down payment and completed rental agreement are required to reserve requested dates.
- CMP accepts payment in the form of cash, check, PayPal, or Venmo.
- Make checks payable to “Chaska Mill Properties” and mail to:
Chaska Mill Properties
Attn: Krista Flemming
500 N. Pine Street, Suite 300
Chaska, MN 55318
- If using PayPal, send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select “Friend-to-Friend” transaction to avoid additional processing fees.
- If using Venmo, send to @chaskamill-properties
Renter must provide dated, written request (letter or email) for cancellation. Cancellation will result in a full refund of the damage deposit, but down payment subject to the following fees:
COVID-19 STATE ORDER SHUTDOWN OR ILLNESS POLICY: HOSTS CAN RESCHEDULE AND APPLY EXISTING RETREAT DOWN PAYMENTS AT ANY TIME DUE TO COVID-19 COMPLICATIONS WITHOUT PENALTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED DUE TO COVID-19. FINAL RETREAT PAYMENTS WILL BE DUE UPON RETREAT ARRIVAL INSTEAD OF 30 DAYS PRIOR AND 8 PERSON MINIMUMS CAN BE WAIVED, IF NECESSARY.
- 60 days prior to arrival: Full refund
- Less than 60 days prior to arrival: Forfeit 100% of down payment
- After Full Payment: Forfeit Full Payment
IF a replacement group is found to cover the dates of the original reservation,
then the full payment can be applied to a future retreat.
No refunds or cancellations will be offered due to bad weather; however, considerations
to arrive early or stay longer at no extra charge will be contemplated.
CMP reserves the right to cancel this agreement in the event of emergency or circumstances beyond our control. Any payments and/or damage deposit already made will be fully refunded.
- Damage beyond normal wear and tear, or loss of any equipment, supplies, décor, etc. will result in forfeiture of damage deposit and Renter will be billed for damage in excess of the deposit.
- Renter must identify questionable areas via photo, text, or email upon arrival. Hearing nothing from the Renter automatically assumes Renter accepts and acknowledges the property was received in good condition.
- The damage deposit will be returned or shredded no later than two (2) weeks following the event provided the facility was cleaned and there was no damage.
- Hours: Hours established dependent on retreat – standard weekend Fri 8am – Sun 4pm – Additional days dependent on pre-existing reservations – typical additional Thurs starts any time after noon
- Pets: Animals are not allowed.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside the building. Smoking inside will result in a loss of the full damage deposit. Smoking stations are available at building entrances.
- Alcohol: Beverages brought in by Renter and guests must remain on the third floor. No alcoholic beverages may be taken into or out of Cy’s Bar. Beverages purchased at Cy’s Bar must remain within that establishment. Guests that do not comply will be asked to leave Cy’s Bar and/or the Retreat Center. Alcohol purchased as part of Cy’s Off Sale are excluded from this provision.
- Food: Guests are responsible for their own food and beverages.
- Plumbing: There is no garbage disposal. All food waste should be scraped off before being rinsing. Do not pour grease or oil down the sink drain. Do not flush sanitary products.
- Parking: Overnight parking is available on the west end of the building, on the public streets where restrictions are not signed otherwise, and in the city parking lot near the library (south of the building). CMP is not responsible for any vehicle that does not abide by signed parking restrictions or snow emergency regulations.
- Work stations and sleeping quarters are provided, and will be set up in a general layout. Renter is allowed to rearrange the layout, but must return it to the original layout at the end of the retreat.
- Renter is responsible for appropriate conduct of all guests.
- CMP will not be responsible for items left behind before, during or after the retreat.
- CMP may enter the rented premises at any time, and reserves the right to take photographs for its own records and future advertising.
- If questions arise, contact Krista Flemming at 952-288-3319.
Renter is responsible for the following clean-up duties:
- Clean kitchen to original level of cleanliness and remove all food items. Run last set of dishes in dishwasher.
- Remove sheets (not mattress cover). Place soiled sheets in the black tote with yellow cover near the main entrance.
- Make bed with new sheets provided on shelf.
- Pick up and arrange tables/chairs to original configuration.
- Consolidate all trash (including recyclables and trash from each room/bathroom) into the large black garbage containers.
- Vacuum excessive messy areas in kitchen/workroom area, if necessary.
- Turn off lights and fans.
- Lock main door and return keys to lockbox.
All or a portion of the damage deposit will be withheld if the facility is not left in suitable condition.
The Renter will be charged $50.00 per hour against the damage deposit, and billed for all cleaning in excess of the deposit if the cleaning duties noted above are not completed.
Renter agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CMP and its staff from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, or liabilities incurred by CMP or its staff, arising from Renter’s acts or omissions under this Agreement or any act or omission of Renter’s guests attending the retreat.
CMP will not be held responsible for any losses, damages, injuries, or illnesses. This refers to any loss, damage, injury or illness to persons or possessions that may occur at any function held on this property, from any cause, whatsoever, prior to, during or subsequent to the period covered by this contract. Renter will be responsible for the control and supervision of the people in attendance during the use of the facility to ensure no harm is done to persons or property.
Renter agrees to abide by this Agreement and is responsible for other guests also following these terms. No details can be changed once a Rental Agreement is signed unless the Renter receives written acceptance from Chaska Mill Properties (CMP). CMP reserves the right to allow/NOT allow requested changes.
This is a Rental Agreement between Chaska Mill Properties (Herein after known as CMP) and the Retreat Coordinator/Renter entered below (Herein after known as Renter) for the use of the Top of The Mill Retreat Center on the dates referenced below.
* denotes a required field